Entercom Boston, LLC
d/b/a WAAF & WKAF
2014 Harley-Davidson Giveaway
Official Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Boston, LLC d/b/a WAAF and WKAF (the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 20 Guest Street, Brighton, MA 02135 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.waaf.com. To the extent the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary.
2. There are three ways to enter the 2014 Harley-Davidson Giveaway (the “Contest”):
a. Listen to Win: Listen to the Station between 6:00 a.m. (ET) and 11:59 p.m. (ET) each day beginning Monday, May 12, 2014 through Monday, May 26, 2014 (the “Call-in Entry Period”) for the WAAF Harley Cue To Call (the “Cue”). Immediately after the Cue is played in its entirety (and not in a promotional announcement for the Contest) the twenty-fifth (25th) caller received on the Station’s contest line (617) 931-1223 will be qualified to participate in the Grand Prize Harley Giveaway Event, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (each an “On- Air Qualifier”). If the Station does not receive at least 25 calls when the Cue is played, there will be no Qualifier for that round. Station may choose to play the Cue and solicit calls multiple times each day, but the Cue will be played no more than four (4) times per day that the contest is played. Up to, but no more than, sixty (60) Qualifiers may be selected during the Call-in Entry Period. Only the actual contestant who calls in for the Contest play can be the Qualifier if that contestant is 25th caller after the Cue is played in its entirety. Contestants cannot transfer or assign their qualifying spots to other persons.
b. Text to Win
i. On-Site Station Event(s): There will be three (3) WAAF station events with Boston Harley Davidson, including the Grand Prize Event (each, an “Event” and collectively, the “Events”) in the greater Boston, MA area (the “On-site Station Events Entry Period”). Dates, times, and locations of all Events will be announced on-air a minimum of two (2) days in advance of an Event. Persons desiring to enter must obtain a code word only at the announced location to be texted to 97107 during the hours of the event. All participants in this Contest understand it is their responsibility to visit any participating on-site event to receive the keyword and agree that the Station has no obligation, liability or responsibility whatsoever if listeners do not visit a specified on-site event to receive the keyword from third parties such as other listeners, Sponsors, etc. At the end of each such Event the Station will randomly select ten (10) entries who will be qualified to participate in the Grand Prize Harley Giveaway Event, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (each a “Station Event Qualifier”). Potential Qualifiers from the first two (2) Station Events will be contacted by phone at the phone number provided in his or her entry within two (2) business days of random drawing at the particular Event in which a potential Qualifier is entered. If Station is unable to contact any potential Qualifier to notify such person that he or she has been selected as a Qualifier, such person's opportunity to participate as a Qualifier shall be forfeited. Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at the number provided in the potential Qualifier’s entry form. If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. However, Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any potential Qualifiers more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all potential Qualifiers an equal number of times. Up to, but no more than, thirty (30) Qualifiers will be selected during the On-site Entry Period.
1. Entrants do not have to be present at time of each random drawing at each Event to win, with the exception of the Grand Prize Event.
2. Qualifiers chosen during the first hour of the Grand Prize Event must be present. The Reverse Drawing will immediately follow the selection of the final ten (10) qualifiers.
ii. Text To Win Codeword Display at Boston Harley Davidson (“Boston Harley Entries”)
From April 21, 2014 through June 1, 2014, there will be a code word posted at the front desk of Boston Harley-Davidson, located at 1760 Revere Beach Parkway, Everett, MA 02149 during normal business hours. Persons desiring to enter in this manner must obtain the code word and text it to 97107. (the “Text To Win Entry Period”). All participants in this Contest understand it is their responsibility to visit Boston Harley Davidson to receive the keyword and agree that the Station has no obligation, liability or responsibility whatsoever if listeners do not visit Boston Harley Davidson to receive the keyword from third parties such as other listeners, Sponsors, etc. On June 4, 2014, the Station will randomly select up to ten Boston Harley Entries who will be qualified to participate in the Grand Prize Harley Giveaway Event, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (each a “Harley Qualifier”). Entrants do not have to be present at time of each random drawing at each Event to win,
3. There may be up to, but no more than, 100 Qualifiers selected in this Contest.
How to Win
4. IN ORDER FOR ANY QUALIFIER TO CONTINUE ON IN THIS CONTEST FOR A CHANCE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE VEHICLE, QUALIFIERS MUST BE TIMELY REGISTERED (SEE DETAILS BELOW) AND PRESENT AT THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT ON JUNE 7, 2014 AT BOSTON HARLEY DAVIDSON (THE “DEALERSHIP”) LOCATED AT 1760 REVERE BEACH PARKWAY, EVERETT, MA 02149 AT 11 AM (ET). On-Air, Station Event and Harley Qualifiers (if any) must check in with a Station representative at the WAAF tent which will be located outside the dealership between 11AM and 11:50AM on the day of the Event. Any On-Air Qualifier, Station Event Qualifier and Harley Qualifier not checked in by 12PM (ET) will forfeit their chance to participate in the Grand Prize “reverse drawing” and forfeit their chance to win the Grand Prize Vehicle. All Qualifiers must present a valid, state issued photo ID upon check-in. All Qualifiers will be required to sign a Release in order to be permitted to participate in the Grand Prize Vehicle “reverse drawing”, that, among other things, relieves and releases the Station, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, managers, and employees from any and all liability with respect to any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the Contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder. Qualifying spots are not assignable or transferable.
5. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected by a “reverse drawing.” The reverse drawing will be conducted as follows: As Qualifiers complete registration, their names will be written on a piece of paper, which will be folded and placed into an official container by a Station representative. At approximately 12 PM (ET), a Station representative will randomly draw one piece of paper out of the container and the person whose name is appears on the paper will be announced and that Qualifier will be eliminated. The Contest will proceed serially in this manner; with the Station representative selecting pieces of paper from the official container and eliminating Qualifiers. The last piece of paper in the official Contest container will determine the potential Grand Prize Winner. The Qualifier whose name matches the name on the last piece of paper remaining in the official container will be the Grand Prize Winner and will win the Grand Prize Vehicle, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules. All registered Qualifiers must be present during the entire Grand Prize reverse raffle in order to be eligible to win.
6. All Qualifiers hereby agree to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by the Station staff at the Grand Prize Event and understand that any intentional failure to comply with the process and procedures at the Grand Prize Event will result in immediate disqualification.
7. Any decision by the Station at the Grand Prize Event will be final and not appealable.
8. In no event will any “deal-making” between participants be permitted. Station reserve the right to disqualify any person that it suspects has participated in or offered or accepted any type of “deal-making” with respect to this Contest.
9. Verified On-Air Qualifiers will receive a $50 Boston Harley Davidson Gift Card good for merchandise and services at Boston Harley-Davidson along with a Boston Harley-Davidson T-shirt. Total Value = $80
10. Verified Station Event Qualifiers and Harley Qualifiers will receive a $25 Boston Harley Davidson Gift Card good for merchandise and services at Boston Harley-Davidson along with a Boston Harley-Davidson T-shirt. Total Value = $55.
11. The verified Grand Prize Winner winner will receive one (1) 2014 Harley-Davidson Street Bob (the “Grand Prize”.) The estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $13,349. Only one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. See other prize restrictions and requirements described in below:
i. State sales tax in the amount of $834.31 will be paid by Boston Harley-Davidson. OTHER GOVERNMENTAL FEES AND CHARGES MUST BE PAID BY THE WINNER TO THE APPROPRIATE PARTY PRIOR TO BEING ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ANY PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST. Failure to do so within 30 days of the date that the Winner is advised that the vehicle(s) is ready for pick-up may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize, in Station’s sole and unappealable decision.
ii. Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for obtaining and payment of any federal or state required registration, inspection, insurance coverage, and taxes for the Grand Prize. Additional information regarding the warranty, pick-up/delivery, and additional information will be mailed to the Grand Prize Winner within three weeks of winning. Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete all relevant transfer documents for the Grand Prize at Boston Harley-Davidson in Everett, Massachusetts during regular business hours. Neither Station or Boston Harley-Davidson has made or is responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to such vehicle, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply to the vehicle.
12. Odds of becoming a Qualifier through an on-air call-in depend, in part, on the number of callers at the time the calls are solicited and the order in which the calls are answered. Odds of becoming a Qualifier through a text entry depend, in part, on the number of entries received at that particular method of entry. Odds of a Qualifier winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Qualifiers who attend the Grand Prize Event who are timely checked-in but shall in no event exceed 1:100.
13. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Boston, LLC and Boston Harley-Davidson.
14. In order to be eligible as a Qualifier, all entrants must be 18 years of age or older by the start of the Contest on Monday, April 21, 2014.
15. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Station’s general contest rules:
a. No person may be a Qualifier in this contest more than once, regardless of the mode of entry (only the first chronological qualification will count, any subsequent qualifications will be deemed disqualified), and
b. You may enter as often as you like, within the requirements of the contest rules applicable to this Contest. However, you can only become a Qualifier one time in this Contest (see above).
16. In the event that the Grand Prize Event needs to be rescheduled for any reason, such postponement will be announced on air and on the Station’s website. It is the sole responsibility of each Qualifier to check the website and/or listen on-air for cancellation and/or rescheduling information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Station may (but is not obligated to) send a written, email or telephonic notice to Qualifiers regarding any necessary rescheduling of the Grand Prize Event with the rescheduled date/time but in no event will Station or Sponsors have any liability or responsibility for any Qualifier’s failure to receive the message for any reason or any Qualifier’s inability to attend the event on the rescheduled date (and no alternative opportunities will be offered).
I have read, understood, accepted and agreed to all of the above rules, regulations, terms and conditions for participating in this Contest.
CITY__________ STATE__________________ ZIP_______
HOME PHONE_____________________________ WORK PHONE_____________________________