17 Show Biz Headlines for Today
1. Rumor has it that NICKI MINAJ is PREGNANT, and LIL WAYNE is the father. They've always claimed their relationship is platonic, and Wayne is engaged to another woman. But Nicki was reportedly seen at a dinner recently with a baby bump, and she was drinking water instead of booze.
2. JENNA JAMESON went online to ask her followers to help her track down a guy who was harassing her. She even showed her boobs as incentive. Within an hour, she had the guy's home address, driver's license number, social security number and credit score.
3. The people at "Maxim" magazine have named 38-year-old EVA LONGORIA their Woman of the Year. She says, quote, "It's especially awesome after how long it's been since my first cover." Eva actually had to reschedule her "Maxim" interview because she was getting her MASTERS. She says, quote, "I was like, 'My brain can't jump that fast from a 'Maxim' interview to a thesis!'"
4. WILL SMITH has finally issued a statement on the death of JAMES AVERY . . . who played his Uncle Phil on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". He said, quote, "Some of my greatest lessons in Acting, Living and being a respectable human being came through James Avery. Every young man needs an Uncle Phil. Rest in Peace." Avery died on New Year's Eve. He was 68.
5. CHARLIE SHEEN either apologized yesterday for attacking ASHTON KUTCHER . . . or he attacked him again. He Tweeted, quote, "Hey Ashton sorry bro all good. Now quit barfing on my old brilliant show. Remember Punk'd? How duz it feel?"
6. "Transformers" director MICHAEL BAY was at some event helping Samsung hype their new CURVED-screen TVs. But when it was his turn to talk, the prompter messed up and he CHOKED. He tried to wing it, but failed miserably . . . so he just said "I'm sorry" and left the stage.
7. "Forbes" has released its annual "30 Under 30" list of "do-gooders" who are "reinventing the world", and it features a ton of celebrities. There are actually a total of 450 people on the list, in 15 different categories. So among all the inventors and scientists, you'll find MILEY CYRUS, JENNIFER LAWRENCE, JUSTIN BIEBER, RIHANNA, and ONE DIRECTION, to name a few.
8. A former engineer at Death Row Records says that TUPAC SHAKUR was the first choice to play Mace Windu in the "Star Wars" prequels . . . and was even set to audition for GEORGE LUCAS before he was shot and killed in 1996. As you probably know, SAMUEL L. JACKSON ended up with the part.
9. "Saturday Night Live" has finally hired a black female cast member. Her name is SASHEER ZAMATA . . . and she'll make her debut on January 18th, the Saturday after next. She's the first black female cast member since the departure of MAYA RUDOLPH, over six years ago.
10. On Sunday night, you were probably either watching the NFL Playoffs or "Downton Abbey". 47.1 million people watched the 49ers / Packers game, and a record 10.2 million people watched the "Downton Abbey" premiere.
11. There are some more details on the upcoming BEATLES tribute special, "The Night That Changed America: A Grammy Salute to the Beatles". The show will include 12 performances, including ones by John Mayer, Keith Urban, Alicia Keys, John Legend, Maroon 5 and The Eurythmics.
12. AKON revealed that he has two TIGERS as pets . . . and added that they make a mess in the yard. He said the tigers produce about 15 pounds of crap a week.
13. MACAULAY CULKIN'S super weird, pizza-themed VELVET UNDERGROUND cover band, THE PIZZA UNDERGROUND, has now released a video.
14. JAY Z let a 12-year-old boy come onstage during a recent show to rap for him. He spit Jay's verse from "Clique" . . . and even avoided all the profanity in it . . . but Jay did ask him to skip a line about drug dealing. Afterward, the boy asked if he could hang out with him backstage, and Jay Z said he could.
15. JUSTIN BIEBER'S new concert movie, "Believe", is NOT faring all that well in theaters. In the two weeks it's been out, it has only grossed a total of $5.4 million. For comparison, his last movie, "Never Say Never", grossed $53.6 million in its first two weeks.
16. According to the "National Enquirer", ASHLEY JUDD has been granted "temporary custody" of WYNONNA'S 17-year-old daughter Grace. It happened after Grace told a judge about Wynonna's, quote, "nasty name-calling, put-downs and substance abuse." Wynonna's rep claims the verbal and substance abuse accusations are "not accurate."
17. A reporter apologized to TAYLOR SWIFT for writing an inaccurate article saying she did not get permits to alter the beach in front of her $17 million Rhode Island mansion. He was also surprised at the amount of hate his article stirred up.