MISTRESS CARRIE'S BLOG
Saving Abel in concert from the Persian Gulf!
Saving Abel's concert for the troops from the Persian GulfÂ will be streamed on UstreamÂ thisÂ Thursday March 4th at 10pm EST / 7pm PST!
PRESSÂ RELEASE FROM JANUARY 24th
Â SAVING ABEL MAKES LONG-ANTICIPATED JOURNEY OVERSEASÂ AND PERFORMS FOR TROOPS ON USO TOUR TO PERSIAN GULF
ARLINGTON, VA. (Feb. 24, 2010) â Rock band Saving Abel teamed up with the USO for a weeklongÂ Â USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour in the Persian Gulf. Busy visiting and performing forÂ troops in Qatar and Kuwait, Saving Abel has entertained more than 3,500 troops so far and justÂ finished filming their USO show at Camp Arifjan. Footage from the hi-energy USO show will beÂ broadcast in early March with help from Ustream.
- Â As part of their eight-day, three-country USO tour to the combat zone, Saving Abel will visitÂ eight military bases and perform seven concerts. Known for their radio-ready sound,Â memorable melodies and hard-hitting tracks, the band will also sign autographs, pose forÂ photos and spend time with soldier.
- â¢ Having entertained 1,750 troops in Kuwait, the group filmed their USO show at Camp ArifjanÂ on February 23 and will provide viewers with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look of USOÂ entertainment in early March. With the help from Ustream, the concert will be picked up byÂ MySpace, Facebook and other social networking sites, and is dedicated to Americaâs armedÂ forces and their families.
- â¢ Visit http://www.ustream.tv/savingabel and www.uso.org for concert updates.
- â¢ Students from St. Albert the Great School in Louisville, KY, created an assortment of cardsÂ and artwork, which Saving Abel have carried overseas and are hand delivering to troops inÂ appreciation.
- â¢ This is Saving Abelâs first USO tour. The band has been eager to travel overseas for quiteÂ some time and have made multiple appearances on bases stateside.
- â¢ Avid supporters of the U.S. military, Saving Abel performed for troops in October â08 as part ofÂ MTVâs "A Night for Vets: An MTV Concert for the BRAVE." Performing alongside such USOÂ veterans as Kid Rock and Ludacris, the concert called for elected officials to provide veteransÂ with better health care, mental-health treatment, job opportunities, housing assistance andÂ compensation for serving longer due to stop-loss orders.
- â¢ Known for such songs as âAddicted," 18 Days,â âDrowning (Face Down)â, Saving Abel wasÂ formed in Corinth, Mississippi in â04.
Attributed to Saving Abel:
The safety, well-being and happiness of our nationâs troops have always been close to ourÂ hearts. And what better way to show them we care, than by traveling to the Persian Gulf on aÂ USO tour and rocking out Americaâs soldiers. The USO has a rich history of delivering a touchÂ of home to our men and women in uniform, and Saving Abel is honored to be apart of thatÂ legacy. We couldnât do what we do everyday without them, and we are forever grateful.
Attributed to singer Jared Weeks:
No matter where we go or who we are playing in front of, we always make sure people knowÂ that from our perspective it is each and every one of their responsibilities to support our troops.Â They do so much for us, they deserve to be recognized. We have these freedoms because ofÂ what they do.
Attributed to Sloan Gibson, USO president and CEO:
Americaâs armed forces do more than defend our borders and protect us from harm, theyÂ sacrifice their lives for us 365 days a year and serve our nation proudly from all around world.Â Through USO tours like Saving Abel, the USO is able to give back to our nationâs troops byÂ lifting their spirits and bringing smiles to their faces. We are thrilled to be working with SavingÂ Abel and know that those in the Persian Gulf are in for a great treat.
Attributed to John Ham, Ustream founder and CEO, and Brad Hunstable, Ustream founder andÂ president:
Ustream is a proud supporter and partner for this event with the USO and Saving Abel toÂ provide entertainment for our brave soldiers abroad. Having served our country and graduatedÂ from West Point, this is a cause that's near to us and we are honored to be a part of it. It'sÂ great to see that the Ustream platform is being used in line with our founding vision to bring aÂ one-to-many live streaming solution to everyone, everywhere.
Attributed to Jeanne Flower, St Albert The Great School Principal:
We are beyond excited to have Saving Abel deliver the childrens words of appreciation to theÂ brave men and women overseas who continue to fight for us, and future generations to live inÂ a free country.
Social Media and Other Web Sites:
About the USO
The USO (United Service Organizations) lifts the spirits of Americaâs troops and their families. We provide a touch of homeÂ through centers at airports and military bases around the world, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and servicesÂ tailored to meet troop needs. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops andÂ their families, wounded warriors and their families, and the families of the fallen.
The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency; we rely on the generosity of our donors. In addition toÂ individual donors and other corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by Worldwide Strategic Partners AT&T Inc., BAEÂ Systems, The Boeing Company, Clear Channel Communications, The Coca-Cola Company, Gallery Furniture, Lockheed Martin,Â Microsoft Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance, as well as other corporate donors,Â including the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). We strive to deliver maximum benefit for troops andÂ their families from every donor dollar. For more information, please visit www.uso.org.