First Responders can you help Tyler celebrate his 7th Birthday? #TylersTroops
I grew up running around my Dad's firehouse. I still love the smell of soot and diesel fumes. So I can't blame Tyler Seddon for idolizing First Responders. I'm actually happy that there are still kids out there who think people in uniforms, other than sports, are heroes! Watch a report on Tyler here!
Here is Tyler's Story from his Official Facebook Group.
Tyler is a 6-year-old bright, bubbly, funny little guy with a heart of gold. He loves anything to do with firefighters, law enforcement, EMS/EMT's and the military. He also loves race cars, motocross and motorcycles. He loves video games and playing with his toys. He also loves baseball, especially the Boston Red Sox and his local Pawtucket Red Sox! His favorite color is orange. He lives a happy life with his mother, father and little sister Lariah. He also has a big sister Keara! Tyler is just like any other typical little boy. He also happens to have cancer.
Tyler was first diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) when he was just 3-years-old, in June 2, 2010. He went through numerous bouts of chemo treatment and the first week of July 4, 2012, his treatment ended. It was an optimistic and exciting time! On August 16, 2012, Tyler was officially CANCER FREE! It was a fantastic and euphoric day. On November 20, 2013, Tyler's mother Rachel heard the words no Cancer Mom ever wants to hear: "Your child has relapsed." The next day treatment started again.
While this is Tyler's second battle with this monster, we are optimistic. With everything he's been through he still keeps on smiling. :)
Tyler's 7th birthday is approaching on March 6th and his wish is to receive some cards from his heroes! We would like to surprise him with as many birthday cards from civilian and military law enforcement, firefighters and first response personnel. Let's make the best day of his life!
Many people have asked for this information:
Shirt Size: Youth Medium (Adult X-Small?)
Hat Size: Medium
Favorite Color: Orange
Send your cards to:
P.O. Box 253
Framingham, MA 01704
96 South Main Street
Pascoag, RI 02859
FACTS ABOUT TYLER'S BATTLE:
- Diagnosed at the age of 3 with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
- This is Tyler's second battle with ALL. The first began on June 2, 2010; the second began November 20, 2013.
- Tyler has had over 200 units of blood products.
- Tyler has had 45+ surgeries.
- Tyler is in need of a bone marrow transplant but doesn't have a match.
- The chemotherapy is not decreasing the amount of cancer cells in his body this time around.
Please register under the Bone Marrow Registry with Be the Match! Tyler still has no match for a lifesaving transplant. Even if you are not a match for Tyler you could be the match for another child or adult who needs a lifesaving transplant.
If you want to help fund expenses you can donate to this link. Thank you in advance!:http://www.gofundme.com/tylerstroops
PARTIES WISHING TO SHARE THEIR VEHICLES WITH TYLER:
Please contact Craig Sroka at email@example.com, or you can reach him at East Providence Police, 401-435-7600, Ext. 20052."
The updated plans for Tyler's Birthday are below!
Thursday March 6th.
0900 hours- All apparatus to stage at PIERCE FIELD located on LYON AVE. in East Providence R.I.
- Tyler will be picked up by the Burrville P.D. and brought to their station where he will be sworn in as Colonel for the day
1000 hours: All apparatus will proceed to WRIGHTS FARM located at 84 Inman Rd. Harrisville R.I.
- Tyler will be at the entrance to the property watching the procession go by.
- There will be an all you can eat buffet at Wright Farm. The cost is $20 per person.
- Because of the buffet they are asking for a head count. Please let your agency know to make advance arrangements.
- Arrangements are being made for a bone marrow drive to take place at Wright Farm as Tyler is seeking a donor
He’s also a pretty big fan of BATMAN