I thought this was a joke. I was expecting the punch line at the end of the ad but...this actually exists. The Swedish Company Pause has developed a way for music lovers to enjoy their beloved playlists beyond this Mortal Coil. The thought of my favorite music being pumped into my coffin and at my rotting corpse is actually not a comforting thought at all. If a track has a thumping beat it might attract more worms to feast on my carcass. I think it's also pretty funny that this costs 23,500 Euro.(that's about $30,500) and it's listed in the "Bargains" section of the Pause website. I guess that's short dough for an eternity of your favorite tunes.
I'm now going to have to think about what my "After-Life Playlist" would be. I have to. I'm a music geek and that's what we do, right? While you can order the number of gigs for your Coffin Sound System, to make it a little easier, what would be your top 10 songs for Eternity? Let me know in the comment section below. If you want to list more than 10 that's fine. It's your Death.
My Top Ten For Eternity(This will change weekly if not daily):
1. Pink Floyd- "The Great Gig In The Sky"(The live version from 1974 Wembley Empire Pool Show)
2. Rush- In The End
3. Slayer- "Seasons In The Abyss"
4. Lita Ford and Ozzy Osbourne- "Close My Eyes Forever"
5. Type O Negative- "Love You To Death"
6. Joy Division- "Atmosphere"
7. Alice In Chains- "Down In A Hole"
8. Ramones- "Pet Cemetary"
9. Pearl Jam- "Deep"
10. Led Zeppelin- "In My Time Of Dying"(from the 1975 Earls Court Show)
Alright, what have you got?
For those who prefer to be cremated, this is also an option. One which I might actually do. That way I can be kept with my precious vinyl records.