SAVING ABEL MAKES LONG-ANTICIPATED JOURNEY OVERSEASAND PERFORMS FOR TROOPS ON USO TOUR TO PERSIAN GULF
ARLINGTON, VA. (Feb. 24, 2010) – Rock band Saving Abel teamed up with the USO for a weeklong USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour in the Persian Gulf. Busy visiting and performing for troops in Qatar and Kuwait, Saving Abel has entertained more than 3,500 troops so far and just finished filming their USO show at Camp Arifjan. Footage from the hi-energy USO show will be broadcast in early March with help from Ustream.
As part of their eight-day, three-country USO tour to the combat zone, Saving Abel will visit eight military bases and perform seven concerts. Known for their radio-ready sound, memorable melodies and hard-hitting tracks, the band will also sign autographs, pose for photos and spend time with soldier.
• Having entertained 1,750 troops in Kuwait, the group filmed their USO show at Camp Arifjan on February 23 and will provide viewers with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look of USO entertainment in early March. With the help from Ustream, the concert will be picked up by MySpace, Facebook and other social networking sites, and is dedicated to America’s armed forces and their families.
• Visit http://www.ustream.tv/savingabel and www.uso.org for concert updates.
• Students from St. Albert the Great School in Louisville, KY, created an assortment of cards and artwork, which Saving Abel have carried overseas and are hand delivering to troops in appreciation.
• This is Saving Abel’s first USO tour. The band has been eager to travel overseas for quite some time and have made multiple appearances on bases stateside.
• Avid supporters of the U.S. military, Saving Abel performed for troops in October ‘08 as part of MTV’s "A Night for Vets: An MTV Concert for the BRAVE." Performing alongside such USO veterans as Kid Rock and Ludacris, the concert called for elected officials to provide veterans with better health care, mental-health treatment, job opportunities, housing assistance and compensation for serving longer due to stop-loss orders.
• Known for such songs as “Addicted," 18 Days,” “Drowning (Face Down)”, Saving Abel was formed in Corinth, Mississippi in ’04.
Attributed to Saving Abel:
The safety, well-being and happiness of our nation’s troops have always been close to our hearts. And what better way to show them we care, than by traveling to the Persian Gulf on a USO tour and rocking out America’s soldiers. The USO has a rich history of delivering a touch of home to our men and women in uniform, and Saving Abel is honored to be apart of that legacy. We couldn’t do what we do everyday without them, and we are forever grateful.
Attributed to singer Jared Weeks:
No matter where we go or who we are playing in front of, we always make sure people know that from our perspective it is each and every one of their responsibilities to support our troops. They do so much for us, they deserve to be recognized. We have these freedoms because of what they do.
Attributed to Sloan Gibson, USO president and CEO:
America’s armed forces do more than defend our borders and protect us from harm, they sacrifice their lives for us 365 days a year and serve our nation proudly from all around world. Through USO tours like Saving Abel, the USO is able to give back to our nation’s troops by lifting their spirits and bringing smiles to their faces. We are thrilled to be working with Saving Abel and know that those in the Persian Gulf are in for a great treat.
Attributed to John Ham, Ustream founder and CEO, and Brad Hunstable, Ustream founder andpresident:
Ustream is a proud supporter and partner for this event with the USO and Saving Abel to provide entertainment for our brave soldiers abroad. Having served our country and graduated from West Point, this is a cause that's near to us and we are honored to be a part of it. It's great to see that the Ustream platform is being used in line with our founding vision to bring a one-to-many live streaming solution to everyone, everywhere.
Attributed to Jeanne Flower, St Albert The Great School Principal:
We are beyond excited to have Saving Abel deliver the childrens words of appreciation to the brave men and women overseas who continue to fight for us, and future generations to live in a free country.
Social Media and Other Web Sites:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/the_USO and www.twitter.com/savingabel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theUSO and http://www.facebook.com/savingabel
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/USO4troops and http://www.youtube.com/savingabel
Web: http://www.uso.org and http://www.savingabel.com/
About the USO
The USO (United Service Organizations) lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families. We provide a touch of homethrough centers at airports and military bases around the world, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and servicestailored to meet troop needs. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops andtheir families, wounded warriors and their families, and the families of the fallen.
The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency; we rely on the generosity of our donors. In addition toindividual donors and other corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by Worldwide Strategic Partners AT&T Inc., BAESystems, The Boeing Company, Clear Channel Communications, The Coca-Cola Company, Gallery Furniture, Lockheed Martin,Microsoft Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance, as well as other corporate donors,including the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). We strive to deliver maximum benefit for troops andtheir families from every donor dollar. For more information, please visit www.uso.org.
[...] for 1.1 million members of the U.S. military, announced a US0,000 reward for information leading toWAAF Saving Abel in concert from the Persian Gulf!Drunk In Dublin: Day #3, Everyone Is Irish On St. Patricks Day! I Can't Wait To Get This ... Grumman [...]